IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM YTHAN OPTICIANS:
COVID-19 RECOVERY PHASE: RETURN TO ROUTINE EYE CARE SERVICES
We welcome the First Ministers announcement that we can start to see routine patients from Monday 3rd August.
This is in line with demands from community eyecare to let us manage all of our patients safely at the earliest opportunity and we are delighted that this decision has been made.
Due to distancing guidelines and to ensure the safety of staff and patients, we will continue to see face-to-face patients on an appointment-only basis and will offer telephone and video-conference appointments wherever possible.
- Please wear a face mask when you attend the practice unless you are unable to for medical reasons.
- We ask you to attend alone unless you require assistance.
- Children should be accompanied by one parent only.
- You will be asked some questions before attending to ensure you have no COVID-19 symptoms or contact with anyone with symptoms.
If you have any concerns about your eyes or vision on 01358 723000 or email email@example.com
- Your vision has suddenly changed or become blurry
- You have a painful or red eye or sudden onset of double vision,
- You have sudden onset of floaters or flashes of light
- You have been advised to consult us by another health care professional
- You have broken or lost your glasses and need a replacement to function
- You have a problem with your contact lenses